Monday, August 24, 2015
Coming Home To Visit...I got more than what I came for.
I'm sitting here in my childhood bedroom. Typing this entry in my home state of Alabama. I'm back here visiting for many reasons. This time it's a leisure trip for me. That's what coming home should feel like. I flew out here last week, and I've been enjoying myself. Being able to see friends, and classmates from my high school days. It's been a really reflective time for me.
You know sometimes you need to leave a place so that you can be reminded why you left, to see how far you've come, and to see how far you've still got to go. It's interesting to be back here. I've been doing a lot of planning for what I've got to do when I return to NYC, and some things that I want to set into motion. I'm on this quest to be the best that I can be physically and mentally. Although I've been here at home, I've been adhering to my diet, and workout routines. What use to be a routine is now a way of life for me. Coming home, a lot of people have noticed the change I've made to myself, and I can't say "Thank, you" enough. I've worked hard to get where I am now, and the compliments are appreciated, and it reaffirms that I'm on the right track right now. Staying focused is getting me places.
Last week I posted a progress pic of myself on instagram, I actually felt good about doing it. I'm sorta shy about my body, but as I get more comfortable with myself and I see myself more, I don't mind showing my progress. Feeling good in my skin has been a battle for me for many years. Feels good to be at a place where I can show it off. Keep in mind that I've got aways to go before where I want to be, but this is a nice beginning.
Last night I took a run around my neighborhood to see how much this place has changed and I was thinking to myself "Look how I've changed." I'm learning to love myself, and stopping all the self-sabotoging that I've been doing to my life. It's stalled me in the past from doing my best, or giving my all in many aspects of my life. Being home has made me realize that it's time for me to REALLY do myself a favor and to continue to work hard. There are people here that really want to see me succeed in life and I intend on doing just that. I'm ready to make some power moves and kickoff this career and get back to doing what I love, plus more. I'm motivated to do some really good things. Putting in perspective that everything will fall in place the way it's supposed too. I've just go to stay the course. I'm aware that there will be moments where it won't go the way that I'd like it too, but in the big picture of it all it's going they way God wants it too. I've got to trust him through my seasons, days, and hours.
I'm beginning to not be so concerned about where my life is at because of where I see other people at on Social Media, because people put on there what they want you to see, and that may not be what's really going on. I can only pay attention to what I'm doing and what's going on with me. I've been so much happier! Putting myself together really has been so much fun. Who knew that I'd really starting seeing myself clearer at 29? Not me! More upfront about what I want, and need, and most of all INDEPENDENT! Independence is a wonderful thing. I've not been in a relationship for 7 months..and at 29, when some people might be pressing for one, I'm over here saying "I'll be in a relationship when the right one comes along, whether it's someone from my past, or someone new, but this TIME...I'll know how to still be me, and how to still take care of me, while with someone else." I'm not ruling out relationships because who knows when it might come around for me again. I'm not going to lie, and say that I don't have guys who've been interested in me, I'm just looking for someone who will understand what I'm trying to do, and be a teammate , and be super supportive of me through my good and bad.
Feeling good, Feeling focused, ready to get back to the city and do my thing! 100% ready.
MUCH LOVE! PEACE
-Tyree Walker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment