Monday, August 17, 2015

Nobody Gives A F*&% About Your Excuses


In all of the 29 years of my life I've never been more focused and ambitious as a person. Laying aside all of the b.s. of yesterday and working on being and doing something greater than myself. Recently I've seen some people withdraw from me because of my goals and what I've got planned in my life in the next coming months, and years. It's crazy to me that there are people out there that really want you to stay complacent in life. I'm coming up on a year of deciding to fuck excuses and doing something about what's going on in my life.

The benefits of going through agony, pain, and hurt, have made me physically and mentally stronger as a man/person. Doing what I have to do to get out of the mess that I was in at the time. Partying, clubbing, excessive drinking, eating, etc. It's so easy to get caught up in that lifestyle living here in New York. I was losing the purpose of why I came here. I came here to be successful. I've always been into fitness and trying to take my body to the next level, but it really wasn't until last October that it got really serious for me. I've been learning to deal with the pain of my past. Anything you want to accomplish you've got to go through pain to get to where you want to be. Working out has taught me the beauty of powering through the pain. I love the results I'm getting. Learning that yes, you have to make some sacrifices to do this. I've sacrificed being in relationships, going out with friends, and what have you because I'm so goal driven, and ambitious about getting to where I want to be physically, and even mentally. It's caused a better understanding of myself and what I want out of life. I stopped sleeping on my aspirations and I put that shit to work! I've thought long and hard about it, I've talked about it, and NOW...I'm ALL about it. I'm going for what's mine.

With anything you want, you have to make sacrifices in order to get results. In the effort to do that it may cause some pain, but that's the real beauty of life. For me right now results are the only thing that matter to me right now. This past Saturday I was trying to make a friend understand that I wasn't going to come into the city and party. I was tired from work, and I knew that I had to be at the gym the next morning to put in work, and that it wouldn't be smart for me at all to be out all night, and the next day not handle my business. It's all about where my priorities are. I hung out last saturday and went to VIVA, which I hadn't been to all summer, but that party/ going out every weekend lifestyle, doesn't fall in line with what I'm trying to achieve for long term goal reasons. It got to me a little bit that they weren't that understanding, and then I realized that it's ok, but don't get sidetracked by how someone else feels about what I'm doing. They don't have to deal with the outcome of me being sidetracked.

Right now I work a lot, and I've got to get up early in the morning to make sure that I have time to get my workout in. There is just no room for excuses as to why I can't stay consistent with my gym time. Work and playtime shouldn't and hasn't been getting in the way of that, because I'm seeing the results of stay on track with what I've set out to do. Right now I'm happy that I've gone though some difficulty, because now I'm doing something special for myself, and most people can't and won't achieve what I'm doing right now, because they aren't willing to go through the sacrifice and pain to do what it takes. Successful people are successful because they do what must be done whether they like it or not. There are days that I don't want to get up and take my ass to the gym, and then it clicks in my head that "Fool, this is the most important time for you to be in the gym. Get that ass up!" So I get my ass up and go. My diet is even more important to me to, that's the most important part to me.

Redefining who I am, and what I want. That's what's important right now. I'm driven. My confidence is stronger. Traveling a precarious obstacle filled path with a magnificent reward at its summit, knowing there is every possibility I can make it. Self-love...that's what it's really about.

Much Love! PEACE!

Tyree Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment