Wednesday, March 2, 2016

SoHo and R3hAb


Bulking Season is over!!! Now I'm getting ready to go into what I'm going to call "R3hAb" and will last until July. I'm simply going to be shredding my body fat down so that I can begin to show more of what I've been working on building since late september. It's MARCH and plenty of things are happening in my life right now.

Earlier this year I set a goal for myself to begin a transition for myself and my journey. One of my goals besides getting fit and staying in shape is to find my passion for the arts again, in whatever form the universe wants that to happen. I've been getting callbacks for plays...and MUSICALS (Well, damn!) I auditioned for a awesome show called RENT and I've been called back numerous times for a role that I've always known that I could play, and with some life experiences under my belt, execute well.
I've always wanted to be apart of the arts and entertainment world, especially here in NYC. I want to do it all, and nothing is going to keep me from doing it, and making my way here in this urban jungle! I've been networking with a lot of people, reaching out of my usual circle of connections and just reaching out to people who are well-known in the industry. For me as I get older in age, and being somewhat fresh to all of this, I've realized that I've got to work even harder and longer. A true sense of self has returned to me, and not compromising who I am, and trying to fit in with people who I don't need to fit in for. I have MY groove here in NYC.

I've been down a lot, with figuring out what I'm good at, what am I supposed to be doing with my life. I started writing out my goals, and making small commitments to reach my goals. I can't stress enough how much it's helped me. Last week I was browsing a job page and I saw a few jobs that I was interested in doing and were heavily involved in networking with people in the industry. A tinge of a lack of confidence set in thinking I'm not suited for any of these positions, but I've got a great past background in this. So I applied for a position with a very well-known boutique hotel/nightclub/speakeasy spot. Through a series of interviews and conversations I was offered a job there, and I'm now working there. It's in SoHo, which for me is CRAZY UNBELIEVABLE, because I never imagined that I'd ever work down there in that area of the city. It's been pretty amazing thus far! I love the company, and I see myself learning how to build my own brand, I'm being encouraged to make decisions, and it's very relaxed environment which is so A+ for me right now. I can work, learn, create, and network. Those are 4 big important things for me right now.

The past couple of weeks I've been really thinking about Who am I, Where am I going, How am I going to get there. I'm really about reaching my goals and doing whatever it takes to get there. Also relaxing, and not measuring my success next to someone else's.

TRUSTING THE PROCESS!!! TRUST THE PROCESS!!! <------This is my motto right now. Don't rush life, don't rush love. Trust that everything will happen the way it's supposed to happen.

LOVE PEACE and LIGHT

-Tyree

No comments:

Post a Comment