Thursday, March 24, 2016
Ever Evolving.
The Evolution of me...etc, etc.
A lot of growing is happening, and it's happening fast. The past few weeks I've been just in awe, and amazed at what's been going on in my life. Getting really fit and trusting the whole fitness process that I'm undergoing, going into a new job, and closing a chapter in my life, and beginning a new chapter that looks like it my just be my best yet.
There are days I get overwhelmed and scared about growing into this Man that I'd always envisioned that I would become. I always talk about being fit, and being successful. Over the past 2 years or so I've really been putting my words into action. I have the really strong power within me to succeed in anything that I do. At this phase of my life I'm becoming way more confident as a person, and taking the mistakes from my past and learning from them and building on a better future for myself. Where I get overwhelmed is seeing how much it's taking my to do all of this. I'm constantly on my grind and sometimes that means I lose touch with friends and those I'm use to hanging out with. There's even very little time for myself. Right now I can't tell you when the last time I had a FULL day off from either job. In a week that part will be remedied of course. The part that scares me is I'm leaving the very first job I had here in NYC. I've tried leaving before, but I always end up coming back, this time I've been given the opportunity to have more time to grow and do more outside creative work that I like to do, while still making very good money. It's an offer I can't refuse. Just over the past few weeks alone, it's been great having my evenings off and being able to connect with my best friends, or take a class, or explore more of this city. It's hard leaving a place where you feel like you've done the most growing as a person, but it's also tough knowing you've outgrown a place that you do love a lot. I realized that I was changing and getting back to the person that I was before I moved here, that this wasn't the right fit for me anymore, or what I'm trying to achieve here in NYC. It was creating a sort of stagnation in me, that didn't feel well. I hate the feeling of complacency, when that sets in that's my cue to keep moving forward.
I learned a lot of lessons during my time at my first job, and now I'm using my tools and moving forward.
Last week I was thinking to myself, how awesome it is to not only see the sun shining bright, but actually beginning to feel it's warm, even in this cold weather. I think it has to do with the fact I'm feeling better about a few things in life.
With all this being said. I AM BECOMING MORE MYSELF THAN I EVER HAVE. I can't stress this fact enough. I feel like for the longest time I was trying to conform to the NYC scene so hardcore that I was losing touch with what already made me great as person. I also realize that's a big part of evolving as person. You lose yourself to find yourself again, but you find a even better person. I'm resilient. When I fall down, you can expect me to comeback 10x's better than before. Also I've stopped reflecting on the past, because nothing is there, and holding on to that is what was keeping me from evolving. I feel like I'm a Pokemon. LOL.
I ready to take on this next chapter on my life here in the big city. I'm more excited about what's happening to me and just ready for the world to see what I'm capable of doing. Looking forward to building firm roots here. I'm a Lion, so I'm here be the best and give my best. I also think it's interesting that as I evolve how many people are taking notice...even the ones that left me high and dry, and ghosted on me. I'm amazed at the people who've reached back out to me, and I'm not the type of person to be petty and throw shade. I welcome them back, and hope to catch up with them at a later date.
Life, Happiness, Goals, Aspirations, and Love are all coming up...in due time! I'm trusting the process and making New York City adjust to me.
PEACE OUT!
LOVE and LIGHT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment