Thursday, April 10, 2014
The Importance of Self
Just finished my morning workout in my living room to the probable annoyance of my downstairs neighbors.
Summer is officially 10 weeks away and I couldn't be more excited about it.
I'm on the mission to be in the best shape of my life by the my 28th Birthday which isn't to far off. I can't believe I'm turning 28 soon…wow! Time is really flying by. This quest of redefining my body is going well and it's a lot harder. I am proud of myself this week though. I decided to take a lot more control of my diet and what I put in my mouth. I have a secret weakness for chocolate covered nuts (almonds)…go figure! Also Reese Cups and this week I gave up all sugars except from fruits and it has been the struggle! I haven't cracked yet and yesterday on Wednesday my cravings finally quieted down.
Part of me getting in the best physical shape is my diet. For while I was cutting grains out and this week I got to introduce them into my body, but not talking about Bread, and Pasta. I eat oatmeal (Steel City Oats) and more granola bars and Cliff Bars. I've been eating boiled eggs for snacks. Really I'm eating clean now. I don't eat the food at my job anymore and I've started packing my own food and bringing it with me. I do have a food cut off time which really works for me and it's Midnight.
The power of water is wonderful! I drink nothing but water and I keep juices down to a minimum and I'm really picky about what the juice is too. If I do have a drink I take seltzer with it. I tend to stick to Red wines, vodka, and gin.
My fervor for the body really came to a head last night. The past couple of days my boy Pete hasn't been doing so good with his Boyfriend, life, friends and such and so we planned on going to NO PARKING Bar, which closes this weekend. Oh the memories of that bar! We went kind of early and the place wasn't packed at all. We talked about what was going on in our lives over drinks and then the dancers came…there is this one particular dancer and when I saw his body…I immediately pointed to him and said that's kinda how I want my body to be structured. I kept thinking I'm so close! I just got stick to what I'm doing and be strong! Besides that a random wednesday out was needed and much fun. I'm sad to see NO PARKING go. Can we talk about all the white guys/girls who were in the house last night? They gotta get there groove on too! I favor NO PARKINGS music over all the clubs I've been to in this city so far. All Gay men don't want to dance to Gaga, whom I love…but I like some R&B and Hip Hop too!
Today is my off day, so a lot of my time will be spent in the gym…I've got goals y'all!
Labels:
Ambitions,
Gay,
Gay Guy,
Goals,
Growing Up,
Gym,
Late Twenties,
New York City,
NYC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment