Thursday, April 3, 2014
Just Keep Swimming! Surfboard!
Relishing in the moments and hours that I have to myself…
I've been in need of water, but not water to drink, or to bath in. I've been needing water to full immerse myself in. I traveled out to Roosevelt Island to go swim at there sports complex today. I don't know why I was so nervous once I got there. I stood outside the window as I watched all the other swimmers in there lanes going from one end to the other. I almost just turned and left because I felt like I had no business being there and maybe I didn't really want to swim. I walked down to the basketball court and made myself breath for a few minutes. I looked at my phone and turned it off and looked out over at Queens and said "Tyree, you need this!" and I picked up my bag and went into the building. Luckily I was greeted by this older gentleman who could tell that I was new because I started stuttering a bit…I was still nervous. He answered every question I was thinking, and since I was new he was kind enough to let me pay the residential fee to use the pool. I headed into the locker room and changed my clothes, showered and then made my way out onto the pool deck. The lifeguard gave me my own lane to swim in. I quickly took my flip flops off and set my table down and I didn't even wait to test the water. I gently put my entire body into the pool and then for the next 45 minutes it was just back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, etc.
It felt so good to be swimming. I still had every stroke and my stride hadn't left me. I did 30 laps. Each lap was like a release. When I felt myself getting tired around the 20's I told myself to keep going. Half way through the lifeguard came over and spoke to me and he asked me if I had any goggles, I didn't remember to bring them with me because I was doing this all on a whim, and he let me borrow his until I was done. That was very nice of him. I continued to swim and it was just so good to be back in water. The smell of chlorine and even water filling my ears! After I finished. I got out I thanked the lifeguard whose name is Trystan…he had a very strong name, so I remembered it. I thanked him for letting me use his goggles and we struck up a nice little conversation with him hoping I'd return, No worries..I am, I love that place..I'm going back Friday.
After a quick shower I headed out towards the Tram to head back into the city for a workout at the gym. I am a Beast…yes even after todays swim I went to the gym to have my leg days. I don't skip leg days. The view from the Tram was perfect. It made me remember why I love New York so much, and why I'm here. I don't know if it was the swim, meeting Trystan, or the view from the Tram ride, but I realized I AM coming into my own. I'm still figuring this whole Life thing out, but I really do love it here. I knew I was being hit on today by an extremely handsome lifeguard and for the first time..I just…I just let it happen. Why not? Nothing has to come of it and nothing will come of it, but it was exciting. I don't often let guys flirt with me in public settings because I tend to turn awkward and not know what to say, or I just feel uncomfortable. Baby steps…baby steps, Ty Ty!
Looking out at the city got my mind churning and the cogs clicking and ticking. I've got so many goals I want to achieve here in this place. Next week I begin my journey of trying to find my place in the fitness industry. I want to work for a gym, but I also want to move up within that company. To be quite frank…I don't want to be a server/bartender forever. I realize that as an artist that's the most flexible job, but I have other wants and I'm really really good at other things to besides acting..and fitness is second next to my performance career. I've gotten aggressive about my goals in my health and life and I want to use what I've learned to help others.
I'm a humble guy, just trying to find my way in the concrete jungle. Out of my close circle of friends I've been deemed the Carrie Bradshaw of the group and I'm totally ok with that! Well here's to something fresh and new in my life. Here's to taking chances, flirting, being a Bachelor, knowing that it's okay for me to be confident about myself as long as I remain humble. Most of all…just keep swimming
Labels:
Fitness,
Flawless,
Gay,
Gay Guy,
Goals,
Growing Up,
Growth,
Gym,
Late Twenties,
Life,
Lifeguards,
New York City,
NYC,
Single,
Swimming
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment