So I had every intention to blog last night, but I was way too tired to do so.
Yesterday was actually a really nice relaxing day. A much needed one if you ask me. I got to spend a quiet afternoon with three of my closest friends here, Jordan, Logan, and Lindsey! What's a good day with Mimosas and several episodes and of "Drag Race" and just laughing with your friends? I call it a successful "President's Day!"
I can't really put into words the feeling I felt yesterday. It was like this calmness that I've been searching for finally came over me. I rehearsed super early in the a.m. and around noon I took my friend Maria's advice and thought at the box and went and had coffee with a new friend and then met up with my best friends here in this amazing city and it was just a wonderful day.
I'm starting to figure out what I want more out of my life. Yesterday was a day for me to r-e-l-a-x. I didn't answer many text and I just wanted to be in the moment with the people around me. I've been having some amazing talks with my co-worker Maria and she's been really helping me put a lot of things in perspective. I'm trying to grow-up, become a better man, and become a better me. I think my last night after our talk after work saw the shedding of my old self and the beginning of someone whose ready to go to do something else with my life. I don't think you'll be finding me at the club's that much anymore. To be completely honest..I'm so awkward at the clubs. I'm at my socially best at a lounge, or at a chill bar with some really good R&B music or Jazz. Now I'm not knocking the club scene at all, and I've had a great time at some of them, but I'm thinking out of the box and I want to attract the type of friends, or man that I can vibe with. Lately I've cut my drinking back a lot because of the diet I'm on. I'm sticking to Wine, and Gin for awhile. My tolerance for alcohol has lowered itself too. After two drink I've found myself throwing the towel in. By the second drink I know I'm in a good spot and I like to stay there the rest of the night.
I've come to realize that I'm chill and sophisticated guy. I'm not Cinderella and I don't want Prince Charming to come and swoop me off my feet. I'm really Prince Charming and I want to swoop the other guy of his feet. I've always been like that and when I moved here to NYC I feel like I lost a bit of it because I was wanting to be wild and crazy. I don't know what it is but since going back home and coming back here to NYC I feel like I've regained my composure and who I am and realizing I don't have to change just because I live in a different city. I don't have to fall into a stereotype at all. I can continue to conduct myself as a Southern Gentleman and not loose any sense of myself at all. What's a "Southern Boy to do" right? LOL
At this moment I'm grateful for my friends that really have been a positive influence in my life. They keep me grounded and keep me sane. I'm just so much more happier right now. It feels good to be regaining my sense of self. Change don't come easy. That Madea quote is ringing true for me right now.
"Some people are meant to come into your life for a lifetime, some for only a season and you got to know which is which. And you're always messing up when you mix those seasonal people up with lifetime expectations.
I put everybody that comes into my life in the category of a tree. Some people are like leaves on a tree. When the wind blows, they're over there... wind blow that way they over here... they're unstable. When the seasons change they wither and die, they're gone. That's alright. Most people are like that, they're not there to do anything but take from the tree and give shade every now and then. That's all they can do. But don't get mad at people like that, that's who they are. That's all they were put on this earth to be. A leaf.
Some people are like a branch on that tree. You have to be careful with those branches too, cause they'll fool you. They'll make you think they're a good friend and they're real strong but the minute you step out there on them, they'll break and leave you high and dry.
But if you find 2 or 3 people in your life that's like the roots at the bottom of that tree you are blessed. Those are the kind of people that aren't going nowhere. They aren't worried about being seen, nobody has to know that they know you, they don't have to know what they're doing for you but if those roots weren't there, that tree couldn't live.
A tree could have a hundred million branches but it only takes a few roots down at the bottom to make sure that tree gets everything it needs. When you get some roots, hold on to them but the rest of it... just let it go." -Madea
I'm on my way to becoming a tree!
Well that's it for me!
LOVE, PEACE, AND LIGHT!
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment