Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Redemption


Redemption: The action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil

I'm off with a start into Week 3 of my journey. Week 2 was very good to me. Last week I was really focusing on my form in the gym, and making small changes in my eating. I'm not doing a crazy cut right now, because I'm not supposed to do a full cut until March so I've had to make sure I'm really eating 6 times a day...which is HARD as hell for someone like me who is always on the go. I've been pushing some really heavy weight in the gym. Making sure that my upper and lower body are both balanced and even. I've really started giving myself more credit for what I've been doing over the years with being consistent with exercising and living a pretty healthy lifestyle. I'm really starting to see that for myself, and that's important because a lot of the time I hear people tell me how good I look etc, but I don't always see that for myself because I always think there is more I can improve on, and I can, but I'm learning to start appreciating myself a little bit more.

This is hard work for me. It's one of my main goals to get my physique and health sharp as I go into my 30's. I've been working on this on and off sense I was in college and that was some years back.


Over the past 3 years that I've been here I finally feel like I'm working towards the things that I moved here for. True I wasn't going to move to NYC at all, but I'm here and I feel like I've found my way here and the life I'm striving to live here. I miss home, and the comforts of Alabama, but I see myself doing great things for myself and others. It's crazy to think that finding this love for fitness is bringing back into doing the things I love to do and saving me from errors in the past. Still learning, I'm not perfect, and I'm not going to be perfect. I'm learning to make myself relatable and understanding where others are coming from.

This past Sunday at church was really good. The lesson was something I needed to here. I deal mentally with issues from my past and there are times where I will let it get the best of me, but now I'm in place where it's not holding me back anymore. My past doesn't hold me back, it's me holding me back. Now that I've stopped focusing on my mistakes and I'm looking more and more to my present and future it's been really good. I've been cleaning a lot of my social media of people I'm not really in contact or consistent communication with, just because I want to keep my circle small, and as I've said in previous entries, I only want those who've been rocks in my life to have intimate access to me. Of course I've got my instagram, and I love sharing myself with the world on there, and I'm doing it in a very positive way, because I do want people to be able to reach out to me for information on fitness and also build a reputation for myself as a mogul. Right paths, right tracks. I'm learning from a lot of people, and people are helping me and I'm so grateful for that.


I only strive to do better for myself. I'm living in my authenticity. No toxicity.

J. Cole asked a question "Do You Want To Be Happy?" My answer is "YES!" I'm happy with where my life is heading. I'm happy with a better sense of who I am. I want the next chapter of my life to be filled with more good moments, even when bad moments happen I want to grow and learn from them, and not feel weighed down by them. I'm not so focused on being in a relationship...that's not my MAIN priority, I didn't come to NYC for all that. That's a bonus in my opinion. I came here to forge a career, and be a comfortable in my sexuality, and build a sense of family for myself here.

Here's to my redemption, Here's to LIFE!

LOVE, PEACE, and LIGHT

-Tyree

No comments:

Post a Comment