Monday, January 11, 2016

HEY! I SEE YOU 2016!



I made it through my first week of the New Year!

Now we've hit the ground running on my Journey to 30 and it's so exciting. The past week I've been dedicating myself not only to my fitness goals, but spending time figuring out what my next plan of action is too put myself out there in this entertainment world and fitness world. Meeting with people on how to brand myself accordingly, but still staying authentic to who I am and who I'm becoming as a man/person. The outpouring of love that has been shown to me over the last month or so has been really warming for me. Just rebuilding my confidence and not letting the this place swallow me whole. It's been really cool to see people from my past reconnect with me and reach out to me. Coming out of my emotional rut and feeling good. I love smiling. I love the fact that I can have fun, but switch to business mode with ease. Finding my love for the arts again. I restarted my backstage account at the behest of my agent, and I got a gig..which is really good. I was losing faith in my abilities as an artist and I think the past few years here in NYC and not really working, I've gained some life experiences, which is now informing my work. I remember my teachers in college once told me that near my 30's and on is where I'd really start getting work...they were SO right. I've got to give that to them.

I'm creating my own brand as person, finding my niche', paving my own way. This is really fun and cool. After seeing the "The Color Purple" a few weeks back it really helped my find hope in myself. Also I've never really cried during a show, like I did that production. Seeing the whole cast work together to bring such a wonderful story together. Keeping it so simple, yet powerful and moving. I've always felt like Ms. Celie in some ways and seeing her pull through made me entire heart beat with joy, and filled my face with tears of happiness.

Seeing my favorite musical "The Wiz" being retold for a new generation, and Hamilton...that's a whole blog by itself. Just seeing people of color onstage at this time in my life has been just what I need.

Walking proudly in my own skin. Clearing out my past and building a new future, with some old people, and many new ones. Getting fit and reaching my goals. Remembering ONE GOAL, ONE STEP at a time. That's the only way you get there.

Love, PEACE, light, LIFE

-Tyree

No comments:

Post a Comment