Friday, September 18, 2015

Finding Me.



At the end of a pretty solid week. This has been a really good week. Where do I begin? Where do I begin? I've been doing a lot of personal housekeeping. It's so weird, this week I walked into Bath,& Body Works, A store I couldn't stand to go in because of the smells, and I bought candles, and all kinds of scents. Afterwards I walked into Bed, Bath, and Beyond and bought all new pillows for my bed. Much needed I must say. Also the next day I decided that it was just time to overhaul my whole wardrobe. I'm a man that is really a Gym life kinda guy and I've got plenty of gym clothing to prove it, but it baffled me that I don't have any collar dress shirts, and slacks that fit me properly. So what did I do? I went online and bought dress shirts, and slacks for myself.

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE!?!?! hahaha

All of these subtle changes that I'm making for myself. I do feel a new sense of TRUE independence for myself. Taking care of myself. I'm trying to change things up slowly. This is all baby steps for me. I'm ready for this. I like it.

I'm on Day 19 of my little challenge, and feeling good about myself and where I'm at. Last night I went to support a co-worker of mine down in the East Village and afterwards I had an impromptu dinner with a co-worker that I never get to hangout with, and I got to know them a lot better. What I took away from last evening was that if you want support from people you've got to get out and give support too. Also not to judge someones work personality. I was blown away by how cool, and calm my co-worker was outside of work. What I appreciated the most by the dinner was that someone was interested about this journey/transformation that I'm on. It made it a lot easier to open up about what I'm doing, and sharing why I'm doing this. It felt good to have someone listen and not judge me. Also give me some good advice, and to keep doing what I'm doing. I needed to here that. After that I decided to go on a long walk, so I put my headphones on and listened to music and just walked along the streets to the West Village, actually started tearing up, and I don't like crying at all, but it was the first time I realized that I'm healing myself. I've been going though some dark dark dark times, and these dark clouds that have been hanging over me are all clearing up. It just felt so good to be releasing it all.

This is not an easy road for me, and yes I walk it alone. I've had to learn to let go of my past the things I've done, and the things that have been done to me. Realizing I'm the healthiest I've EVER been, I'm no longer doing a lot of things, and subtracting a lot of b.s. out of my life.

The other week I took a friend to a really nice lounge and he was blown away by it all. He looked at me and he said "I see you in places like this. I see you living around this area. It's good to see you placing yourself around these people, you're even introducing me to new possibilities of my life." That was great to hear.

I'm on the road of change and more changes are coming for me. We all grown and learn at our own pace. I've lived two different lives in my 20's and as I wrap my 20's up I'm looking forward to really finding my groove here. I'm enjoying this ride.

Loving all music again, and sticking to my goals and plans.

MUCH LOVE AND PEACE!

-TYREE

No comments:

Post a Comment