Thursday, January 23, 2014

What is this smile on my face? I've missed you!



The joys of being home!

Well..I'm back home in Alabama for a short period of time and it's been really great so far. I landed back in town on Monday afternoon on a jet plane (Ok, Mom and Dad!) and we kicked off the celebration by having Christmas and a Fish Fry all in one day…now that's a welcome home that I can't complain about. It's been really great spending time with my Mom and Dad. The first night I laid in the bed with my Mom and talked to her until she fell asleep. I know she's so happy that I'm finally home. Since being home I've not taken one single moment with my family for granted. Now that my entire family is aware that I'm Gay it hasn't been a factor in my visit at all. My next step is to date someone and bring them home to my family…lord they would probably geek out about how funny my family is.

My brother Bryan has been a HILARIOUS since day one and still to this day he continues to make my sides hurt because of his stories and his on liners. He will crack a joke about you and you'll laugh too. Hands down Bryan is one of the most honest people I know and that's one person I know has been himself since day one with NO regrets about it.

On Tuesday I found a Planet Fitness…and of course I was in hog heaven and spent 2 hours in there. Mainly coming up with some new workout material for Peter to start on when I get back to NYC. I'm really glad to be getting Physical Training work right now during this slow season that's about to hit. Later on my Dad and I got drunk in my bedroom and passed out..we were supposed to go see a movie…womp womp!

Yesterday I was reunited with my HOMIES Matt Smith and Zach Gallman. Believe it or not from the moment all 3 of us were together it was like time had not passed at all. We clicked like we had never been apart from each other. We talked about how life was treating us and everything under the sun. I've missed these boys a lot! Whenever I was going through ANYTHING they really were always there. From College to Now hold nothing back and we keep it 100% honest with each other and that's been the true bond to this friendship. Although I don't say it all the time they both know I love them a lot and I'm grateful for them.

I've run into so many people on my trip home and I've been able to hangout with some beautiful people (Michael Williams, Karen Black, Brian Muffley) too! I will see more people too.

As I sit here and write all of this and I'm aware I'm leaving so much out because so much has been going on so far…but I've got the BIGGEST smile on my face right now. I'm so happy…I can't even put into words how happy I am right now. Coming home has been the biggest breath of fresh air that I needed. The last two weeks for my in NYC have been one of stress, anger, bitterness, and being upset about things that are just completely out of character for me. I love to bring people joy, I love to laugh, I love to smile, and joke around..and I felt like people and the city were sucking that shit right out of me. I couldn't focus on writing, I was slacking on my auditions and just being in the pits with people, work and so much more. I honestly owed myself this visit. I needed to regroup and re-evaluate what I came to NYC for. Before I left I auditioned for The Book of Mormon and I told myself to leave my situations and problems at the door before I went in that room. I've been really wanting to do a show for awhile..but I got kinda turned off to being called back so many times and not landing a job that it was starting to eat at me just a bit…honestly I've been that guy that's cried on the subway because of the stress of an audition, and missing work because of it, or letting myself get to hyped up because of it. I'm one emotional creature..haha :)

After I finish the other half of my vacation I think I'm even more ready to take the reigns of my life and get back to me. I don't have time for the games..it's back to business and what I came to that city to do. I'm putting all focus and attention into my career that I got a degree for and I've been dreaming about since performing The Lion King for my parents in our living room at 8 yrs. old! I'm also bringing this BIG ASS SMILE back too and not letting anyone take it away. I got rapped up in the nonsense and Tyree Walker doesn't have time for the foolishness. I've got a path to continue to pave and I've dreams that I can't let die, and I've also got a lot of love to give to EVERYONE. It's back to business folks! Forgive and forget! Get ready NYC…you ain't seen nothing yet!

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment