Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Light

Early Morning… 4a.m. listening to Common

I licked my finger and stuck in the air and I fill a wind of changing coming for me pretty soon. Now that I've been in NYC for awhile and I've found my groove and pace..I'm going to be making some changes for myself. I was talking to my roommate a week or two ago about how I'm going to be throwing myself back into my work with theatre, writing, composing, and other art projects that interest me. To each there own on how they find there place in this city and we grow, and learn at our own pace. I think I needed to really explore all of New York for all that is is. I've explored every Boroughs (Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Staten Island), and it's little communities in each Borough. I'm an adventurer and exploring is a big part of who I am and the city has given me a lot to explore and I've got more to explore.

In a good place right now…

I spent a full year and a half here in NYC with NO traveling. The purpose of that was to fully take in the city on every holiday and every occasion. This year will see me travel to other places outside of my home (NY). I've decided to claim New York as my home. Besides allure of the arts here. Every since I was 7 I told my parents that I'm a New Yorker after watching "Night Court" as a kid. I just don't live for the beauty of this city, but also the bad parts of it too. It all fascinates me. I'm traveling back to Alabama in January and then it's off to Paris, France for a nice "Micro" vacation. This explorers heart is ready to explore more places.

I can't wait to see what this year brings me. There are things that I want to conquer and I want to open my heart up to love this year. Is that a crazy things to think? The last time I was madly in love with someone might have been 4 years ago and after that I tried several other times but my mind wasn't syncing with my heart. Which presented me as being closed off as a person. This time I'm going to change things around for myself.

Well that it's for now!

Here's to travel, second chance at a love life, and a better me!



No comments:

Post a Comment